Sunday, March 10, 2013

My First Party (as an Assistant Designer)

My mentor, Crystal invited me along to one of her parties.  Considering flat tires and all kind of other nonsense got in the way the past two shows she had it was about time I got this under my belt and was able to get a real feel for the flow of a party.  It's a very relaxed atmosphere.  I enjoyed myself very much, everyone was very nice, and truly loved the product, which is a good thing.  Crystal will be moving in May so she was nice enough to encourage me to hand out my business cards and told everyone there, once she leaves, I would be the best person to get in contact with should they wish to have another party or to purchase more Origami Owl products.

I sold another locket today.  Yay me.  And I have one or two on the back burner, so hopefully this week I will have another two sold.  I've pretty much put all of my "winnings" back into product.  I noticed a few people asking to see the gold and rose gold lockets and chains and some of the dangles, so I figured I'd save myself from having to say "No, I don't have those".  I swear if I could have three of everything on hand I would!!!  One day I'll be reach and famous from my O2 adventures and will have huge stock to pull from, but for now I'm slowly building up my jewelry bar display items.

I should note, some may decide to hold off on putting all their earnings back into stock.  Crystal has managed to sell just fine without having various items and I don't think it hinders her sales in any way.  I'm just an anal spaz and am trying to circumvent any potential issues.  It's just my way :)

And while I'm at it, my sister got her locket and I'm attaching a picture here.  It's amazing!  Good job Meg!

No comments:

Post a Comment