Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Don't Psych Yourself Out

I found myself on YouTube last night.  I'm a little obsessed over Origami Owl right now, so I'm trying to devour everything Origami Owl I can get my hands on.  Unfortunately there are always going to be nay sayers, and it is way too easy to let someone bring you down or put doubts in your mind.  People don't always agree with "direct marketing" also known as "MLM".  While I have tried other lines (only one) and was not successful, with Origami Owl I have come to a certain truth.  You have to love the product.  You have to believe in it.  If you don't, you're wasting your time.

I've said it before. I'm NOT a sales person. I do not sit here dreaming that I'm going to be Origami Owl's top seller.  But I'm selling necklaces all the same.  How? It's simple.  When people ask me about my own necklace I can't shut up about it. "What's that? You like my necklace? Oh thank you! [not even pausing for a breath] you know, it's totally customize-able. You can swap out the charms, pick whatever charms you'd like, choose a chain, add a plate, and you can add on jewelry dangles.  I'm addicted to them, that's why I started selling them!  I also do home parties where you can earn free jewelry."  That person winds up with a card or a catalog, whatever I happen to have on me at the time.  It's the enthusiasm and excitement for the product that sells.

I might not be the highest seller at Origami Owl, or even on my own team.  But I know I've made money.  And I have seen commissions deposited into my bank account.  I've had cash in my hand after someone bought a product right out of my stock.  And don't forget, I've only been doing this a little over a month and haven't even had my first hosted party yet.

Keep up the motivation.  Avoid listening to negativity. Just keep going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment