Friday, March 15, 2013

Is It Worth Doing?

I am now officially a month into selling Origami Owl.  I imagine the burning question is, "Is it worth doing?"  My original thought process was, I love the product so much, all I care is that I make enough to cover what I spent getting involved, and that I might make a few bucks, get some cool jewelry and meet some new people.  All of these expectations were met and more.

What I did not expect was for complete strangers to stop me and ask me about my necklace.  I did not expect to hand a catalog out and not have to follow up in order to get a sale.  I did not expect that I would become (gag) a sales person.  I've never been good at sales, but I can tell you one thing, with Origami Owl, I have not had to be.  All of my earnings thus far have come from a single online party and from word of mouth to friends, family and co-workers.  Obviously I plan on having parties.  I even have friends who have offered to do that for me. But the simple fact that I was able to make up what I put into getting started, and I was able to do that within the first 30 days, I think is pretty remarkable.

I think the most important thing to remember is to be passionate and excited about the product.  I've certainly got that covered!  I love the lockets and all the accessories.  I love talking about them.  I guess that's the key--I've never actually found something that I believe in enough to sell.  I believe EVERYONE needs and O2 locket with a cute dangle! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment