Saturday, April 27, 2013

Launching Into Success

The launch party was a huge success.  Cool enough, as an independent designer for Origami Owl I have the option to host my own parties. Which means that I get to be the recipient of the hostess rewards i.e., I get free stuff. I will get my commission check next Friday (Yay! to supplementing my income) AND I will have the following items in my stock and some for my personal collection (This includes the hostess exclusive I received for only $40).

Black Locket with Crystals
Black Ball Station Chain
Chocolate Locket with Crystals
Chocolate Ball Station Chain
Mini Gold Locket with Crystals
Medium Flat Black Locket
Large Silver Locket
Flat Oval Chain
Small Black Quadrefoil Dangle
Small Smoke Quadrefoil Dangle
Small Silver Love Plate
Teal Lock Charm
Teal Key Charm
Teal Crystal Puffy Heart Charm
Black Accent Stone
April Birth Stone
Bright Eyed Owl Charm
Chain Extender

I think that's it... :)  but a LOT of goodies to say the least.  Since I can't impose on my friends once a month to keep supplementing my own habits, I do need to book some parties, so I was more than happy when I got a solid yes for a party which will be held next weekend. I also have a Take-Out Party (catalog party) in the works and two possible other parties for the month of May/June. Oh and I booked a vendor event.  I'm hoping this summer will be a success. I do plan on having more of my own parties, but I will space them out.  I think my next one will be a Christmas in July, than maybe one in November.

But the bottom line, the question I get asked, can you make money doing Origami Owl, and the answer is Yes.  Do you have fun? Yes.  Do you get free stuff? Yes.  The other question I get asked, "Are the hostess rewards good?" Uhhhh YES!

Now for those of you already in the Origami Owl biz, or just starting out, the valuable lessons I've learned.

1. While creating a cool video to play at your party to help explain the jewelry and pump up excitement, if you've already handed out the catalogs, by the time you get to your presentation they are already ordering. Not necessarily a bad thing, but look at it this way. You want a captive audience to increase sales and also talk about the opportunity or booking a party. If they don't see your presentation, you won't have a chance to sell these things.

2. Give yourself PLENTY of time to prepare. I was still putting stuff on toothpicks when my first guest arrived.  Thankfully it was my pastor's wife and she helped me out, but it caused me to have more stress than I needed.

3. Encourage all the guests to give you their email address. This will allow you to add them to your newsletter list. (Again something that can be brought up in your presentation).

So, my next party I will hold tight to the catalogs.  I will encourage my hostess to have everyone get snacks, eat and maybe look quickly at the jewelry but when I'm ready to begin, call everyone to the presentation, thank the hostess, speak about the product, the opportunity and hostessing, then at that point press play. After they have seen the presentation, play a game to loosen things up, THEN hand out the catalogs. At this point you can ask if anyone has questions and discuss highlighted items and release them on to the jewels!

No comments:

Post a Comment