Monday, April 22, 2013

Growing Pains

I watched a YouTube video last night from a girl who was supposedly giving a non-biased review of O2, saying how any marketing program that requires you to have home parties is slow going and suggested that Origami Owl required "tons" of money up front without giving you information about the company.  The end of the video contained a sales pitch for her own direct marketing system (one you had to click a link to learn more about).  So no, not a non-biased review.  Now you may say that I'm also non-biased.  Sure, I'm an Origami Owl designer.  But if you want a review about whether you can have success with Origami Owl, who better to ask.  This is a 100% no BS review. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I'm not skeerd!

1. Origami Owl does NOT require you to have home parties.  You can run a totally and completely online and catalog business if you wish.  It's YOUR business. You run it how you wish.  The reason Origami Owl encourages homer parties, is that this is a successful selling model.

2. Slow going?  I became an independent designer on Valentine's day.  I started getting online orders right away.  I saw income in my first week.  Now I'm not going to blow smoke and say I was making money hand  over fist, but I was making money.  And I held my first online party in March and made back the money I had put into the business. And Origami Owl does offer some of the highest commissions in the industry (between 30 and 50%)!  So if you can begin making money right away, I don't consider that "slow going".

3. Putting Tons of Up Front Money without knowing about the company? You can go to the Origami Owl website right now and find out what it costs to get in and how much you can make:  In fact, go here and put in my designer number 17556 https://irresistiblecharms.origamiowl.com/wait/index.cfm  All of your questions will be answered. There are no secret tricks, no get rich quick schemes, no hidden fees (though you do have to pay tax and shipping on your business package, but that's common sense).  And keep in mind, you are GETTING jewelry in return.  Highly DISCOUNTED jewelry I may add, and if I had a chance to go back I'd buy the biggest package I could.  But I was... yup... skeerd.  So I played it conservative and went with the lowest package of all.  See my previous post for more information about the business packages.

The Fear of Home Parties and Selling from a Non-Sales Person:

I decided to take my time with my launch as I'm a perfectionist and there were some things I wanted to do first.  I wanted a DVD to assist me in talking about the product.  I'm a stage fright kinda person and I feared I would not remember everything when "on stage". So I made a music video of sorts that covered all the important points.  I also wanted to have the perfect set up, so I got some jewelry busts, some owls and other display items to make sure my Jewelry Bar looked totally pro. I did this bit by bit when I saw things on sale.  When I felt I was ready I did my Launch Party (Meanwhile I was still selling lockets online and to friends/family/acquaintances.  Or should I say, the lockets were selling themselves).  My launch party was a great success. I didn't even NEED my video. It was a totally relaxed atmosphere and I enjoyed the party as much as everyone else.  Again, this is your business.  You decide how you want to approach your parties (if you even do in person parties at all).  While there is a suggested outline of what to do, it is ultimately up to you (provided you're not doing something crazy and outside of policies and procedures... I think they would frown on Origami Owl Beer Pong).

Personally, I have a full time job and I also do web design.  I have a LOT going on in my life, this is my fun-time job.  Do I think that I could make it a career if I had to, I like to believe I can.  Fortunately right now I don't have to test it out. I have the option of doing it for fun on the side and I'm having a blast.  Am i quitting my full time job for it, No. (Ummm can you say Government Funded Health Care Benefits?)  Are there people in the business who have quit their full time jobs? Yes.

I've said it before. If you believe in the product, you don't have to be a sales person, and you will be successful.  You just have to decide how Origami Owl will fit in your life. My suggestions is host a party and see how it feels.  Do you think you'd enjoy doing it? Then go for it.  You prefer just being a host and getting discounted or free jewelry, then that's fine too.  Maybe you just love the jewelry and wish to simply be a customer.... No matter where you fit, please consider speaking with me.  I'd love to have you on my team, as one of my hostesses or of course as a valued customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment